Monday, June 23, 2014

Why I'm Starting CSA Creations

Hi! I created this blog to post the recipes I make with produce from the Gorman Farm Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA) program in Maryland. This program gives us a variety of local produce each week for about half the year, while helping to support small family farms.



We tried the CSA a couple years ago but ended up throwing out many of the items due to poor planning (we'll cook with this tomorrow!) or having no idea what to do with some of the items (I'm looking at you, kohlrabi). We decided to try again this year, pledging to actually use (or freeze) most of what we get.

I thought this blog would be a good way to keep myself honest and also hopefully promote CSAs and buying local. Your feedback is welcome. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment