Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Week 4: The Goods!

Ventured out in the blistering heat this afternoon to get our CSA take. This week's items are all familiar to me:
The blackboard whee they list what we get.
  • Carrots
  • Garlic (they noted that these are uncured, so should be used quickly or refrigerated)
  • Leeks
  • Lettuce (red leaf)
  • Cabbage (just a standard head of cabbage, no Napa this time)
  • Onions (white)
  • Cucumbers (so many cucumbers!)
  • Squash (went with yellow--these were more round than long)
  • Chard (had choice of that, kale or "baby Hakurei salad turnips")

Guess I could have been adventurous and gone with the turnips, but we always manage to use the chard, so I opted to go with that.

On this hot evening, I think I'll use some carrots, cucumbers, and lettuce for a nice, light salad. I think it's supposed to be cooler tomorrow, so I'll try some actual cooking then.

No comments:

Post a Comment