Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Catching up...

It's been a couple busy weeks, including a trip to Long Island for a wedding, finishing grad school, etc. Within that time frame, we did manage to use some of our CSA bounty. So, before we go pick up today's haul, here's a brief recap:

Week 5:
Carrots
Leeks
Lettuce
Onions
Kohlrabi
Summer squash
Cucumber
Kale (selected over chard and collards for a change of pace)
Cabbage

What We Cooked:
 
Quinoa with Caramelized Leeks
I think this was a variation from the Bittman book. Along with the leeks, I also roasted some beets we had leftover from the previous week and added those on top. I though the roasted beets were quite tasty! (Robertus fessed up that he is not so fond of beets but that it shouldn't stop me from cooking them.) Bonus: This used up one of the two bulk bags of quinoa that we'd had sitting around for a few months.



 Veggie Stir-Fry with Tofu

One thing I have learned from the CSA experience is that if you have a bunch of random veggies to use up, make a stir fry! This one involved kale, kohlrabi, carrots, onion, and peppers (those weren't from the CSA). Not the most exciting dish, but pretty tasty! I didn't mind the kohlrabi as much in this form as when I'd had them before, maybe because I'm used to eating broccoli in stir fry.



Veggie Wrap

This was just a lunch of lettuce, cucumber, a bit of shredded cheddar cheese, and country dijon mustard in a tortilla. Simple, but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment